DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CONFERENCE PROJECT LEAD
Singapore Academy of Law
The Conference Project Lead is responsible for planning, overseeing and leading conferences and similar large-scale learning and development events from ideation through to completion. This is a role that requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
- Developing conference project plans
- Lead department's financial budgeting process to acquire or identify channels for funding conference projects
- Drive engagement with stakeholders to understand project scope and objectives
- Develop project proposals (content, logistics, communications, risk management, timelines, partnerships etc) and secure approvals of proposals from stakeholders
- Managing conference planning committees and sessions
- Engage key stakeholders at the start of the content planning process
- Convene conference committee or advisors to consult on conference programme, promotion and logistics
- Provide secretariat support to conference committees (if applicable) oIdentify the content strategy and organizational goals mapped to conference topics/themes
- Create conference programme with key stakeholders to optimize attendee flow, different learning styles, venue capacity, speaker skills, and conference goals and objectives
- Executing conference project plan and adapting work / managing changes as required
- Ensure conference planning proceeds according to agreed timelines
- Manage any escalated issues as well as deviations to the project plans
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external resources to deliver project
- Optimise and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Lead regular project progress reviews to ensure that the deliverables are met and intervene whenever necessary
- Facilitate acquisition of event speakers in consultation with stakeholders
- Facilitate choice, layout and staging of venue in consultation with stakeholders
- Facilitate acquisition of sponsors and exhibitors in consultation with stakeholders
- Facilitate media engagement and reporting of conference in consultation with stakeholders
- Manage event budget to ensure projects are financially viable / sustainable
- Manage relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Oversee VIP, speaker and sponsor management
- Oversee registration and delegate management
- Review all incoming and outgoing project documentation including contracts
- Participate in tender process i.e. design, submission and review where applicable
- Manage onsite conference activities working with internal and external logistics support teams
- Managing post-conference activities
- Lead post-event review based on performance metrics and post-event feedback to identify areas of improvement
- Drive adoption of measures to improve event management capabilities and desired outcomes
- Lead project closure sessions with stakeholders
- Lead reconciliation of event expenditure with event budget
- Secure growth opportunities and initiating new conference projects in consultation with Director / Senior Director, LEC
- Work with large and diverse teams to undertake the work necessary to execute each conference project
- Advise seminar programme coordinator on topics and speakers for potential seminars
- Evaluate feasibility of conference projects for the organisation in the light of the conference and business networking environment, cost, objectives and organisation capabilities
- Support Director / Senior Director LEC as needed on matters relating to the learning and development strategy and work plans relating to conference programmes
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law from an approved university with at least 7 years post-qualification experience in a law firm, legal department, or legal academia / learning and development, or equivalent.
- Evidence of experience organising large events.
- Experience and knowledge of the legal services industry and the current and future issues affecting legal professionals in Singapore within a global context.
- Well-developed and current relationships with legal industry stakeholders (judges, practitioners, corporate counsel, academics). [A mature global network of contacts relevant to the role would be an advantage.]
- Evidence of experience and skills in building positive and productive relationships, with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of aptitude in planning and delivering multiple, concurrent projects on time and to budget.
- Evidence of sound financial management skills and commercial awareness.
- Appreciates and comfortable using a range of technologies relevant to the role.
- Able to read, speak and write English with advanced fluency.
- Formal project management training or qualification would be an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.