- Develop structures to improve organisational effectiveness while adhering to SAL’s culture and values. This includes:
- Identifying and researching HR issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to inform organisational strategic thinking and direction;
- Understanding SAL’s strategic direction and developing HR interventions to support the desired change;
- Partnering internal stakeholders (i.e. Cluster Heads or Subsidiary EDs) on transformation processes;
- Formulating and implementing HR strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Develop learning and development programmes to maximise staff potential and help them amplify their contributions in the furtherance of SAL’s success.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organisation's compensation & benefits program to ensure external equity and market competitiveness.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organisation's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Develop and manage an HRIS (Human Resource Information System) that meets the organisation's personnel information needs.
- Promote SAL’s values throughout the workplace to preserve a positive and collegiate culture.
Human Resource Management
- Manage hiring, retention and performance processes.
- Mitigate employment-related risks and ensure compliance with Singapore labour laws & regulatory requirements pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Maintain internal equity and diversity in SAL.
- Enforce HR policies and compliance with procedures.
- Partner Cluster Heads and Subsidiary EDs on HR-related matters.
- Develop financial strategies for HR operations by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations and communicate with labour unions (as applicable).
- Analyse exit interviews to determine root causes of attrition.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required. Anticipate and resolve litigation risks. Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Implement staff training and development plans. Follow up with stakeholders to ensure training objectives are met. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Promote workplace health & safety and staff welfare.
- Manage office administration, ensuring that facilities are well-maintained and administration support is provided to clusters and subsidiaries in timely and appropriate manner.
- Records Management – ensuring that guidelines for record creation, storage, retrieval and disposal are updated and ensuring compliance with guidelines by staff.
- Manage and supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
All other duties as directed by Director, Corporate Services and/or Chief Operating Officer, SAL.