DIRECTOR / SENIOR DIRECTOR, LEGAL EDUCATION
Singapore Academy of Law
The Director / Senior Director, LEC oversees the overall learning and development work of the Singapore Academy of Law through formulating strategic goals, driving operational efficiencies, and cultivating partnerships. He/She assesses the industry landscape to identify new business opportunities and drive the continual development of the organisation's learning products and services portfolio. He / She is responsible for influencing and engaging stakeholders to secure their buy-in and support and collaboration for SAL’s learning and development mandate, strategic goals, initiatives and programmes.
- Assess industry landscape
- Synthesise analyses of emerging industry trends
- Direct analyses of emerging academic and industry research
- Anticipate impact of potential government initiatives and regulatory changes on the industry and organisation
- Evaluate current and emerging client needs in context of the organisation's products and services
- Evaluate competitive business landscape to identify expansion opportunities
- Establish strong industry networks across clients, vendors, partners and institutions
- Drive portfolio innovation and growth
- Establish portfolio management strategies for the organisation's learning and development products and services
- Lead evaluation of the organisation's learning and development products and services portfolio performance based on business objectives and performance standards
- Endorse priority innovation and research areas for the organisation in the area of learning and development
- Evaluate proposed improvement areas and innovation applications across the organisation in respect of the learning and development function
- Champion research findings and innovations in learning and development across the organisation and broader industry networks
- Support a productivity and innovation culture within the organisation
- Drive organisational performance
- Establish the work plans for the learning and development function within SAL in consultation with the Chief Executive, Committee Chairs and the Executive Board
- Oversee talent and performance management and manpower planning for the department
- Lead development of the department’s business continuity strategies, policies and guidelines
- Establish departmental quality assurance philosophy and policies
- Establish departmental budget and financial targets
- Evaluate the department's financial performance and viability of products and services
- Manage stakeholders
- Champion stakeholder management strategies
- Evaluate stakeholder needs and priorities
- Establish long-term stakeholder relationships
- Oversee management of stakeholder expectations and feedback
- Manage vendors
- Establish vendor selection processes
- Establish policies and procedures for creating vendor requirements specification
- Oversee vendor selection processes
- Champion strong relationships with vendors
- Oversee management of vendor performance
- Oversee the management of contractual and performance issues with existing vendors
- Drive business development excellence
- Endorse sales and marketing strategies in line with the organisation's business objectives
- Establish sales volume, market share and profit objectives for products and services
- Oversee development of the organisation's sales expense budgets
- Evaluate industry landscape and networks to anticipate potential sales opportunities
- Set the overall direction for proposals and sales collaterals based on evaluation of business opportunities
- Oversee sales negotiations and pitch processes
- Oversee the development and execution of the organisation's marketing campaigns
- Evaluate marketing outcomes to assess impact and return on investment
- Function as management representative of SAL’s learning and development function within the SAL top management team
- Represent learning and development function on key event and learning and development committees, working groups, project teams and presentations
- Oversee management of the Group Events Planning and Resourcing unit to coordinate event scheduling, logistics and resourcing for SAL business units and subsidiaries.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law from an approved university with at least 15 years post-qualification experience in a law firm, legal department, or legal academia / learning and development, or equivalent.
- In depth experience and knowledge of the legal services industry and the current and future issues affecting legal professionals in Singapore within a global context.
- Significant experience, in a lead role, in the development and successful implementation of key organisational strategies.
- Well-developed and current relationships with legal industry stakeholders (judges, practitioners, corporate counsel, academics). [A mature global network of contacts relevant to the role would be an advantage.]
- Evidence of experience and skills in building positive and productive relationships, with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of aptitude in leading multi-disciplinary departments to deliver multiple, concurrent and complex projects and achieve organisational goals.
- Evidence of sound financial management skills and commercial awareness to deliver on financial targets and lead a team with operational efficiency.
- Appreciates and comfortable using a range of technologies relevant to the role.
- Able to read, speak and write English with advanced fluency.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.