LawNet is Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. It has been an indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990. LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession.
Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals).
LawNet also provides access to content from other common law jurisdictions such as:
- English case law (the Weekly Law Reports and the Law Reports),
- Malaysian case law (Malayan Law Journal),
- Indian case law (Supreme Court Cases),
and offers the convenience of integrated access to primary and secondary legal material from:
- the Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII), and
- the Hong Kong Legal Information Institute (HKLII).
LawNet’s features include perpetual personal user IDs, and personal annotations, to facilitate the use of the platform in an increasingly mobile world.
A premium content section provides subscribers with specialised material for their legal practice. LawNet Premium includes:
- Academy Publishing titles
- CLJ Law
- JustCite (a legal citator service)
- Singapore Press Holdings’ Newslink (SPH Newslink)
- the State Courts’ Sentencing Information & Research Repository (SIR)
- the Supreme Court’s Taxation database.
LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an indispensable resource for the legal community.