Competition Law and Policy in Singapore (2nd Edition)
BUY IT SGD96.30
Since the first edition was published, the Singapore competition law regime has developed considerably. New enforcement decisions have created a small but growing depository of local cases which will continue to shape the development and practice of competition law in Singapore. This book provides a comprehensive guide to how competition laws in Singapore will be implemented, and how businesses, practitioners and students should navigate the regime.
This second edition explores the lessons from the infringement decisions issued by the Competition Commission of Singapore, many of which take into account Singapore’s unique circumstances.
- Covers in detail significant developments in Singapore’s competition law environment since the first edition, including:
- The introduction of the Competition (Financial Penalties) (Amendment) Order 2010;
- The revised Competition Commission of Singapore Guidelines on Merger Procedures 2012; and
- Market studies undertaken by the CCS into the industrial property, retail petrol and airline sectors.
- Highlights important lessons and learning points from these developments
- Considers the most recent CCS decisions, including a number of landmark cases:
- Notification for Decision by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd of Its MIF system as Formalised in the Visa Rules CCS 400/001/06;
- Abuse of a Dominant Position by SISTIC.com Pte Ltd CCS 600/008/07;
- Price Fixing in Bus Services from Singapore to Malaysia and Southern Thailand CCS 500/003/08;
- Infringement of the Section 34 Prohibition in Relation to the Price of Ferry Tickets between Singapore and Batam CCS 500/006/09; •Application for Decision by Singapore Airlines Ltd and Scandinavian Airlines System CCS 400/001/12; and
- Price-fixing in Modelling Services CCS 500/002/09.
Chapter 1 Competition Policy and Law
Chapter 2 Market Definition
Chapter 3 Anti-competitive Agreements
Chapter 4 Abuse of a Dominant Position
Chapter 5 Mergers
Chapter 6 Investigations, Enforcement and Rights of Private Action
From the Foreword
“The second edition of this book provides a comprehensive update and an in-depth discussion of how competition law has been interpreted and enforced in Singapore by the [CCS] as well as the Competition Appeal Board through examining the numerous decisions issued over the past six years since the publication of the first edition of the book. The insights shared by the various authors who have extensive experience with competition law and economics, in particular, Singapore’s competition law system, will provide readers with a more holistic understanding of the local developments. [This book] also illustrates the fine balance that has to be struck in practice between the needs of a dynamic economy and the interpretation of the legal guidelines that govern competitive behaviour. This is immensely useful in our search for a more vibrant, efficient and competitive Singapore economy.”
Lam Chuan Leong
Former Chairman, Competition Commission of Singapore
Cavinder Bull SC
Lim Chong Kin
Chia Voon Jiet
Ng Ee Kia
|Date of Publication:
|Shipping to SG:
You might also like...