Your calling card
Singapore Academy of Law's
Accredited Specialist in Building and Construction Law 2020: Applications now open
6 January 2020 — Calling all young practitioners in Building and Construction Law. Be recognised for your legal expertise in this practice area. Applications to be accredited as an Accredited Specialist are now open until 31 March 2020.
New accredited specialists announced; directory of specialists now stands at 68
6 January 2020 — The Specialist Accreditation Scheme welcomes 10 new accredited specialists in Maritime and Shipping Law. .
The Singapore Academy of Law's Specialist Accreditation Scheme (the "Scheme") confers recognition of a legal practitioner's expertise and experience in a specialised area of law. It is an assessment process which requires a legal practitioner to show evidence of his or her knowledge and expertise in their chosen area of specialisation. Specialist accreditation is a voluntary and an individual endeavour.
The Scheme's purpose is to:
- recognise the high level of proficiency of legal practitioners in their chosen practice area and promote continued personal professional development and improvement
- incentivise younger legal practitioners to hone their skills and knowledge
- provide the legal industry and general public with a reliable means of identifying and accessing legal practitioners who have proven themselves as possessing the requisite skills and knowledge in a practice area
- promote continued development and improvement of standards, quality and delivery of legal services
Legal practitioners interested in being accredited may apply to be:
- (for legal practitioners with more than 5 year's PQE)
- (for legal practitioners with more than 10 year's PQE)