ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, LAWNET SOLUTION DELIVERY
Singapore Academy of Law
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements software applications or specialised programs in support of end users' needs.
- Recommends improvements to existing applications.
- Extends and writes code (as necessary) to incorporate new features or fix issues and refactor code where required.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and keep abreast of latest technological developments in their respective domain.
- Always seeks to improve continuously, automate relentlessly.
- Manages a small team to be accountable for solution & delivery to deliver desired outcome for SAL.
- Owns and be responsible for the entire portfolio of the team.
- Be an agile coach – Facilitate Scrum ceremonies & coach the scrum team on Agile principles and adoption.
- Performs the role of an application architect to develop, share (persuade & defend) and document the proposals, recommendations and solutions architecture as required.
- Responsible for LawNetOne integration amongst the various components (e.g. legal research content, search, front-end, publishing, etc).
- Develops the CI/CD toolchain for use with LawNetOne.
- Responsible for leading the offshore development team(s) to deliver the required solutions in an agile manner.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering / Information Systems or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in application development and supporting applications.
- Able to design and develop an entire web application in view of performance, security & resources.
- ScrumMaster certification preferred.
- Good appreciation of CI/ CD toolchains.
- Motivated in learning & deep diving into new technologies to develop expertise.
- Good problem-solving, writing and communication skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience in leading a small team, agile application development, performing the role as an application architect.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot issues and develop workarounds as well as long-term solutions.
- Demonstrate good understanding in virtualisation, servers, networking, databases and cloud platforms.
- Experience in developing Single-Page-Application (SPA) in React & Java backend.
- Familiar with running production workload on cloud infrastructure (like AWS or Azure).
- Familiar with relational databases (e.g. MySQL) as well as non-relational databases (e.g. MarkLogic).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.