- Manage and oversee SAL Group’s legal, compliance and governance risks.
- Partner with SAL teams to provide timely, commercially-friendly, legal and regulatory advice on SAL Group matters relating to commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment matters, dispute resolution support and statutory compliance issues.
- Undertake review and development of standard contractual documentation with internal SAL stakeholders to improve consistency and efficiency of service delivery. Develop clear guidelines for deviation from SAL’s standard legal terms and conditions.
- Provide guidance and education to professional staff & employees regarding legal matters.
- Provide support crisis management support as required.
(A) Legal and Compliance Policies
- Manage legal risks and issues relating to SAL Group matters. Where required, a panel of external advisors maybe consulted.
- Manage and implement the rationalization of legal and compliance policies of the SAL group.
(B) Legal Documentation Streamlining and Automation
- Manage and oversee the development of SAL standard form agreements for use by the SAL group, particularly in technology contracts.
- Development of a central repository of SAL template agreements and a central repository of agreements executed by the SAL group.
- Manage and oversee the development of “self-service” SAL standard form agreements for use by SAL group.
- Share best practices on legal documentation streamlining and automation with members.
(C) Data Protection
- Serve as SAL’s Data Protection Officer (“DPO”).
- Oversee SAL’s data protection framework and program, including policies, procedures and processes and training for all employees.
- Ensure compliance with relevant data protection laws and regulations, internal policies, procedures and processes, conducting audits, and reporting on data incidents.
- Advise on data governance and innovation matters and facilitate data innovation by translating personal data protection requirements into data protection by design processes.
- Advise on data protection laws, regulations, guidelines and contractual obligations.
(D) Manage Permanent Secretariat
- Oversee a secretariat team and provide support to advance SAL’s agenda at the Senate and Executive Board, as well as to be the primary liaison with the Ministry of Law.
- Support CE SAL in translating strategic board decisions to coordinated Workplan execution at SAL Top Management Team meetings.
- Support CE SAL in coaching high performers assigned to implement strategic board decisions.
- Review and advise on the drafting of Senate, Executive Board and company resolutions.
- Ensure all regulatory filing deadlines (e.g. ACRA etc.) are met.
(E) Liaise with Ministry of Law and the Law Society of Singapore when necessary