ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, STAKEHOLDING
Singapore Academy of Law
What is this role about?
The Assistant Director Stakeholding will have the opportunity to work with senior government and judiciary stakeholders to oversee the National stakeholding / conveyancing money service. The successful candidate will:
- Gain experience in managing operations and profit margins
- Work in a close-knitted collegiate company
- Make an impact on the Legal industry and build a strong foundation of trust for property transactions in Singapore
- Ensure an the stakeholding service standards are met. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of stakeholding moneys to be paid out to the right parties records of stakeholding transactions and balances.
- Ensuring sufficient funds to meet the stakeholding payment out obligation and re-invest “excess” funds to optimise returns on the stakeholding funds.
- Ensure compliance to following Rules:
- Housing and Developers Rules;
- Sale of Commercial Properties Rules;
- Executive Condominium Housing Scheme Regulations;
- Housing and Development (Design-Build-and-Sell Scheme-Form of Contract) Rules 2006;
- Conveyancing and Law of Property (Conveyancing) Rules 2011.
- Manage risks arising from audit observations
Descriptions of the Job Role
(1) Manage Routine Stakeholding Operations
- Support the Head (Statutory Services) in:
- Developing an effective team of stakeholding officers to handle the payment in and payment out of stakeholders’ monies to ensure prompt and accurate discharge of our duties as the stakeholder; and that service standards are maintained.
- Cashflow management with accurate and prompt records.
- Facilitate all audit related matters with budget preparations, presentations, reports and coordination.
- Update Stakeholding related website content, guidelines, circulars and documentations.
(2) Digitalise SAL’s Stakeholding Services
- Map out a comprehensive user requirements for the new Stakeholding system(s) and coordinate the User Acceptance Tests.
- Develop and implement new Standard Operating Procedures to improve and digitalise Stakeholding Services.
- Develop an effective Business Continuity Plan for Stakeholding services.
- Lead and manage the change through training and people coaching.
- Trach and report key KPIs for Stakeholding.
(3) Support in the Stakeholding Services Business Development
- Support the development of new Stakeholding revenue streams through market research, surveys and related projects.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is dependable, meticulous and loves working with numbers
- Is a good communicator, effective coach and project manager
- Is experienced in work related to Audit / Internal Audit / Compliance / Finance / Law in a regulated industry
- Enjoys problem solving and developing effective processes and controls
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.