- Membership Engagement, Professional Development and Community Building
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of membership engagement and professional development strategies that aligns with SAL’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of opportunities for membership expansion that aligns with SAL’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of membership professional development strategies that aligns with SAL’s strategic objectives to upskill members and adapt to changes brought about by technology and the changing economic landscape.
- Design focus groups, surveys, campaigns, competitions and other 'do good' initiatives for members professional development to engage the Professional Affairs Committee (PAC) and its Chapters in addition to regular meetings.
- Consultation and Product Development
- Partner representatives from SAL legal clusters (Learning and Professional Development, Legal Knowledge and Publishing, Legal Research and Law Reform) to engage with the Professional Affairs Committee (PAC) and their special interest chapters to:
- understand the industry’s professional issues,
- gather member’s feedback to improve existing SAL offerings, and
- identify new initiatives, products and services for SAL to deliver.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various SAL membership types and assess their professional development needs as users of SAL's products and services.
- Marketing, Communications and Business Development
- Responsible for crafting a holistic strategy to promote the generation of self-sustainable products and services.
- Provide strategic direction for SAL's digital marketing and communications efforts in order to drive sales and generate other forms of revenue such as sponsorships.
- Work with other clusters (where required Law Society, Ministry of Law and other relevant associations) to plan and execute integrated marketing plans to members for the promotion of products, events and services.
- Oversee membership events which may include joint marketing activities for products and services with other clusters.
- Represent SAL at key industry events to increase awareness of membership benefits and promotion of products, events and services to help other clusters to drive sales and sponsorships.
- Team Leadership and Performance Management
- Provide effective management of the Membership and Professional Affairs departments; including staff training and coaching; development and compliance of membership policies and procedures; resolve escalated issues from operations and ensure outstanding customer service to SAL members.
- Develop and manage budgets related to membership.
- Provide regular reporting of effectiveness of members net promoter score, marketing communication and membership events/programmes.
- Manage member relationships ensuring that quality of service and execution meet or exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 8-10 years of experience in membership or association management position preferred.
- An understanding of the legal industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging members, growing membership programmes/services and strengthening membership relations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data in support of member-related projects and improve business process.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with database management.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with a high level of commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work well in teams and independently.
This is a contract to permanent position.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.