Established in 1997, the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) pioneered the use of mediation as the mainstream mechanism for dispute resolution, as well as training in negotiation and conflict management. Today, SMC offers a range of dispute resolution services which include mediation, adjudication, neutral evaluation and domain name dispute resolution. SMC has a panel of professional mediators with legal and industry expertise and is well-placed to manage difficult negotiations and unlock standstills for businesses by providing cost-effective and timely solutions. At SMC, our vision is to help all businesses fully appreciate the value of mediation as a strategic risk-management tool that they can count on in commercial dealings.
Join a growing and dynamic team of professionals at Singapore’s leading dispute resolution institution as Singapore establishes itself as a hub for legal services in Asia.
- Ensuring the smooth and timely administration of case files including accepting lodgement of cases, database management, preparation of correspondence and liaising with stakeholders (the Courts, clients, neutrals and other industry partners).
- Finance management of case files including advising parties on the fees, collection of deposits, preparing billing memos and liaising with the Finance department on payments/refunds.
- Providing secretariat support to all clients and setting-up of facilities (e.g. the preparation of materials and amenities, preparing notices and labels, managing catering requests, setting-up videoconferencing and/or other audio-visual equipment as and when required).
- Other ad hoc duties including preparing statistics, preparing and sending mediation invitation letters and answering enquiries.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma holder with 3 years of working experience in a related/comparable customer-oriented industry
- Good written and spoken English
- Organised and meticulous, with the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy (must be familiar with MS Office applications, especially MS Word, Excel and preferably Access), with an interest in technology and participating in digital transformation initiatives
- Able to work as a team and independently with various internal and external parties
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.