The Singapore Academy of Law’s vision is to make Singapore the legal hub of Asia. We work with our stakeholders to set new precedents of excellence in Singapore law through developing thought leadership, world-class infrastructure and legal solutions. As a body established by statute, SAL also undertakes statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
- Assisting the Head, Legal Research & Publications Divisionto design and execute long-term, wide-reaching and substantive projects on research, law reform and promotion of Singapore law;
- Principle tasks include identifying areas of research, conducting research in collaboration with subject matter experts, project management on all LRC and PSL projects.
- Work closely with all committee members and subcommittee/working group to ensure projects are completely timely.
- Engage and liaise with industry experts as well as government officials for collaboration and feedback for projects, where necessary.
- Drafting legal opinions, presentations, minutes of meeting and all other relevant materials.
- Assisting with planning and organising industry roundtables, symposia, and other events;
- Preparing grant applications and managing budgets; and
- Undertaking general administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree holder with minimum 8 years relevant work experience with legal qualification is required.
- Experience in interfacing with members of the legal community will be extremely useful.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong research skills, excellent writing and editing skills, planning & execution of regular, small-scale events, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.