- Shape content through editing by focusing on content structure, grammar and spelling, and ensuring conformity with house style.
- Improve content by providing constructive comments on manuscript; working on the flow of the content; helping authors to effectively bring their point across.
- See manuscript through all production stages of the publishing process (ie, from manuscript to final product) for both print and online content (including law books, journals, judgments, online articles).
- Manage authors and freelancers, eg, guide authors through the publishing process, obtain approval for edited manuscripts, chart a publishing schedule, monitor deadlines and follow up to ensure timeliness of project.
- Ensure quality of the work is first-rate. Publications are published in a timely manner.
- Work with Content Creation team to identify content that can be repurposed or adapted.
- Maintain warm, professional relationships with external (authors, legal officers and freelancers) and internal (intra-departmental) stakeholders.
- Administrative duties, eg, e-mail chasers, arrange payment for typesetter/ tablers / cover designers once project is completed, provide book highlights to Sales & Marketing for writing marketing copy, e-publishing articles on Journals Online, putting together costings, track appeal outcomes, etc.
- Have a love for the written word
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- A good Degree with 3-5 years of prior academic editing/publishing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the publishing process and familiarity with editorial milestones
- Knowledge of web editing and web publishing will have an advantage
- Quick to grasp house style requirements
- Meticulous and organised with an eagle eye for detail
- Able to multi-task and cope with multiple publications concurrently
- Have a keen awareness of deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Works well individually and in a group
- Ability to learn on the job and work independently
- Candidates with formal legal training will have an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Word; knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker will have an advantage
This is a contract to permanent position.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.