LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
- Design and develop high performing and secure web applications;
- Write high quality & maintainable code with test automation incorporated to maintain a high-quality code culture;
- Implement OAUTH2/ OIDC-based Identity & Access Management systems to drive the adoption of an SSO experience for our customers;
- Deliver great services for users through quality code that is robust and maintainable;
- With good skills and perspective, take initiative to help drive our teams and products through launch cycles – particularly by balancing good engineering with launch commitments;
- Work with a remote cross-functional team comfortably and with high-productivity;
- Champion continuous improvement to the quality of solutions delivery using agile practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-7 years hands-on Java development in Spring Boot, REST APIs and Hibernate;
- Database selection, design and optimisation (MySQL, No-SQL, Redis etc);
- Demonstrable experience with full SDLC for cloud-native apps;
- Familiarity with development best practices, including source control, code-review, pair-programming, CI/CD toolchain and automated testing frameworks to ensure quality and time-to-market;
Good to have
- Hands-on experience with clustered Redis in production;
- Familiarity with the Elastic-Logstash-Kibana stack;
- Hands-on experience with Amazon cloud services (AWS Lambda, SES, SQS, S3, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, CI/CD, etc.);
- Experience mentoring, interviewing and coaching team members.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.