LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
- Builds great products that stakeholders love to use on time and within budgets assigned.
- Determines internal and external stakeholders needs and desires whether by market research, surveys or user group testing.
- Leads or participates in product ideation, technical development, product testing, launch, end user training and rollout.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Leads or participates in the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Defines product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities to the development teams and stakeholders.
- Plays an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Establishes shared vision across organisations by partnering with key internal business stakeholders.
- Evaluates risk and provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and business units.
- Builds business cases for products and features, and analysing performance.
- Assesses market competition by comparing SAL’s products to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with sales and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with development teams.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing and development teams.
- Oversees change management and delivery of customer-facing services, including helpdesk and service bureaux services.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning team members; following up on work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; on the job coaching.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record in product management, or as an associate product manager, with successes in:
- understanding the end-user and driving product adoption;
- analysing end user requirements;
- delivering products on-time and within budgets for internal / external stakeholders.
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Legal qualifications and experience in litigation and/or dispute resolution practice is an advantage.
- Polished professionalism with outstanding strategic, organizational, planning (project & finances), communication, and problem-solving skills.
- A team player.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of exceeding KPIs.
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in liaising with government stakeholders and working with public sector systems is an advantage.
- Strong metrics and analytical orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with strong presentation skill
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.