LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
We are seeking a Head, Sales & Marketing to drive our business development strategies, enhance our current portfolio, and explore new business opportunities. Successful candidate must be able to efficiently execute business strategies that are in line with organisational objectives.
The role must also coordinate with external partners to identify market opportunities and build working relationships with key industry players. An ideal candidate is a proactive and self-motivated individual, who possesses strong motivation to succeed in an evolving business environment.
- Reports to Chief Executive, LawNet Technology Services
- Set overall strategy on promoting LTS’s product/service.
- Direct data analysis to determine what to target whom when and where.
- Develop framework for continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight to marketing campaign execution.
- Drive collaboration with internal stakeholders to develop plans for adapting existing portfolios to new business opportunities.
- Drive product research initiatives to understand future impacts on product offerings.
- Guide business development research reports on potential revenue streams and business threats.
- Propose demand creation strategies and new product/service offerings to improve revenue streams and meet market demands.
- Establish and communicate business development strategies to ensure alignment with overall organisational strategy.
- Formulate targets and Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) aligned with business development strategies.
- Formalise new business agreements with identified partners, suppliers and vendors.
- Lead development of business intelligence frameworks to improve data analytics, predictive modelling and market assessments.
- Lead identification of opportunities to enhance and optimise business development and customer acquisition processes.
- Lead new business opportunity initiatives based on business network feedback and economic landscape.
- Lead new business ventures and plan approaches and market entries.
- Lead relationship building with industry players and develop strategies to leverage network for business opportunities and partnerships.
- Lead the team's financial budgeting process to acquire funds for the business development activities.
- Direct approach to drive cost-benefit analysis and financial modelling of new business ventures.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Scale the business development & commercialisation team – define and own the hiring and organisation plan.
- Collaborate closely with the product teams to share feedback (based on interactions with prospects) to guide product roadmap and improve end customer experience.
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen our brand to help grow our revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Economics or Engineering.
- 7+ years of successful business development experience with digital products, preferably in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute data-driven sales and marketing strategies.
- Ability to produce a narrative to customers around a broad portfolio of solutions to help meet business objectives.
- Proficiency in data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- Experience with CRM software and other marketing technology.
- Familiarity with the legal industry in APAC a plus.
How to apply: