LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
About the role
The Senior Lead, Solution Architecture, will ensure order to SAL’s system development at the enterprise level.
- Understand and translate business requirements into system designs and take leadership in successfully delivering the required functionalities.
- Architect solutions and troubleshoot applications.
- Work with Business Units and the Commercialisation team to conceptualise and implement new programmes and initiatives that will transform and create significant impact to the legal community.
- Design and implement technical solutions, proof-of-concept, and pilots, ensuring the system complies with open standards and meets requirements for high availability, resiliency, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with product management, infrastructure, development, and operations teams to conform/contribute solution to technology stack and ensure smooth delivery. Foster relationships effectively with diverse groups across geographies. Adapt and multi-task, handling complex requirements.
- Develop technical standards and guidelines against industry standards, to allow technical interoperability of various component within each system and between systems.
- Evolve and maintain common components, frameworks, and SDKs as part of technology stack to reduce repeated work.
- Apply best practices regarding system security measures and performance.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve.
- Craft great user experience and quality code that is robust and maintainable. Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Help drive our teams and products through launch cycles – particularly by balancing good engineering with launch commitments.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 8 years of proven technology experience managing complex projects, driving technology solutions and meeting business expectations
- Hands-on Java full-stack development with prior experience leading a team.
- Hands-on experience in MySQL, Hibernate and other database technologies.
- Hands-on exp on Amazon cloud services (AWS Lambda, SES, SQS, S3, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, AWS CI/CD, ec2, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Proven Self-starter with initiative, accountability, and ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the team, locally, regionally, and globally.
- Experience in building cloud-native apps.
- Champion continuous improvement to the quality of solutions delivery using agile practices.
- Experience in CI/CD toolchain and automated testing frameworks to ensure quality and time-to-market.
- Experience with Azure AD and/or search solutions preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.