The Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) is a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. We are dedicated to supporting the work and continuous growth of legal professionals, with the goal of making Singapore the legal hub of Asia.
- Understand and translate business requirements into system designs and take leadership in successfully delivering the required functionalities.
- Architect solutions and troubleshoot applications.
- Work with Business Units and the Commercialisation team to conceptualise and implement new programmes and initiatives that will transform and create significant impact to the legal community.
- Design and implement technical solutions, proof-of-concept, and pilots, ensuring the system complies with open standards and meets requirements for high availability, resiliency, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with product management, infrastructure, development, and operations teams to conform/contribute solution to technology stack and ensure smooth delivery. Foster relationships effectively with diverse groups across geographies. Adapt and multi-task, handling complex requirements.
- Develop technical standards and guidelines against industry standards, to allow technical interoperability of various component within each system and between systems.
- Evolve and maintain common components, frameworks, and SDKs as part of technology stack to reduce repeated work.
- Apply best practices regarding system security measures and performance.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve.
- Craft great user experience and quality code that is robust and maintainable. Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Help drive our teams and products through launch cycles – particularly by balancing good engineering with launch commitments.
- At least 8 years of proven technology experience managing complex projects, driving technology solutions and meeting business expectations
- Hands-on Java full-stack development with prior experience leading a team.
- Hands-on experience in MySQL, Hibernate and other database technologies.
- Hands-on exp on Amazon cloud services (AWS Lambda, SES, SQS, S3, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, AWS CI/CD, ec2, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Proven Self-starter with initiative, accountability, and ability to work independently as well as collaborate with the team, locally, regionally, and globally.
- Experience in building cloud-native apps.
- Champion continuous improvement to the quality of solutions delivery using agile practices.
- Experience in CI/CD toolchain and automated testing frameworks to ensure quality and time-to-market.
- Experience with Azure AD and/or search solutions preferred.
How to apply: