LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
Application Lifecycle Management
- Manage or coordinate IT projects assigned to ensure that the projects are executed within budget, scope and timeline
- Determine the appropriate project management methodology suitable for the project, ensuring that it is fir-for purpose
- Build strategic relationships with business owners, product managers and sponsors to derive business requirements and project strategy
- Work with business owners/key users to review Functional Requirements Specifications to ensure system requirements are accurately captured
- Structure large and complex projects into subprojects and work streams, and enlist subject matter experts (SMEs) to lead the subprojects
- Mobilise SMEs in the review of project/contract deliverables such as technical design specifications, User Acceptance Test Plan, and User Acceptance Test Report to ensure quality and meeting requirements
- Facilitate and monitor user acceptance testing to ensure successful completion of all testing
- Co-ordinate between project teams for systems integration, plan integration testing to meet schedules of the respective systems, ensure completeness of test scenarios for integration testing
- Work with system owners and project teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- Report progress periodically to sponsors and business owners; monitor and assess project risks and impacts for escalation and propose remedial actions
- Ensure production issues are resolved promptly and preventive measures are in place
- Recommend actions for continuous improvement to ensure applications are relevant to businesses, reliable and serviceable
IT Procurement Management
- Lead in IT procurement including specifications, selection and award
- Monitor procurement cycle and expenditure to be aligned with the budget
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/Studies/Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent
- Has managed contractor/vendor in application development and operation including supervising change request, bug fix, security and data patches
- Experience in IT project management, business analysis and solutioning
- Familiar with both Waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Problem-solving, writing and communication skills
- Highly driven and independent
- Able to work in a team
- At least 5 years of similar experience
- PMP/CITPM Certification preferred
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.