LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
The LawNet team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, join our agile team for the exciting and rewarding opportunity to work on products and services for the legal profession.
- Design and develop performant, secure and maintainable web applications
- Continuously improve our systems - assess and adopt appropriate technology, frameworks, tools and design models
- Reinforce culture of continuous improvement and high-quality code through code reviews, test automation and sharing of best practices
- Support internal and remote cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time, stepping up to lead the team in design and development as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- 7 years hands-on Java development in Spring Boot, REST APIs and Hibernate
- Experience implementing OATH2/OIDC-based Identity & Access Management systems
- Good experience and intuition with cloud-native designs
- Demonstrable experience with full SDLC for cloud-native apps
- Good experience working in cross-functional teams, local and remote vendor
- Familiarity with development best practices, including source control, code-review, pair-programming, CI/CD toolchain and automated testing framework
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.