LawNet Technology Services (LTS) is the technology company behind LawNet, Singapore’s leading portal for legal research, information and transactions. An indispensable tool for the legal community since 1990, LawNet is subscribed by a majority of Singapore lawyers and is also accessible by anyone outside the profession. Users can conduct research on Singapore primary legal materials (Singapore Law Reports, unreported judgments and legislation) and secondary materials (such as Parliamentary reports, legal news, textbooks and journals). LawNet continues to enhance its services and content while maintaining its affordable and highly competitive subscription rates, making it an essential resource for the legal community.
LTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry. In addition to running LawNet, LTS manages the technology driving SAL’s support services for Singapore’s legal industry and statutory functions such as stakeholding services and appointment of Senior Counsel, Commissioners for Oaths and Notaries Public.
Led by a Board of Directors who understands both the capabilities of technology and the needs of the legal profession, LTS continues to develop bold and innovative products and services that will better serve the needs of the legal community.
The LawNet team is looking for a tech lead to guide us in the design and delivery of products and services for the legal profession. Join our agile team for the exciting and rewarding opportunity to make a huge impact on the legal industry.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (eg. product, business, marketing) to actualise high-quality digital products and services
- Lead developers in designing and delivering performant, reliable, secure and maintainable cloud-native web applications
- Manage timely delivery of projects by internal and remote development teams (agile or otherwise
- Drive continuous improvement of our systems – assess and adopt appropriate technology, frameworks, testing, documentation, tools and design models
- Reinforce culture of continuous improvement and high-quality code through code reviews, test automation and sharing of best practices
- Guide operations, development and infrastructure teams to triage and resolve support tickets promptly, and to plan for relevant enhancements
- Mentor and lead development team, including technical interviews, performance reviews and training plans
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering / Information Systems or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience with web application design, development and support – particularly with Java, RESTful APIs, React front-end, OATH2/OIDC-based Identity & Access Management systems
- 3-5 years’ experience of leading local/remote/vendor teams in agile application development
- Demonstrable experience with cloud-native design and deployment, able to propose and evaluate web application models and secure coding considerations
- Good experience with, and sound understanding of, various data stores, including relational, document, no-SQL, Redis
- Familiarity with development best practices, including source control, code-review, pair-programming, CI/CD toolchain and automated testing frameworks
If you are a motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative work environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and make an impact on the growth and success of our business.
Interested candidates are invited to apply here.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.