The Joseph Grimberg Outstanding Young Advocate Award
The Joseph Grimberg Outstanding Young Advocate Award recognizes young lawyers in good standing who exhibits professional excellence, service to the profession and the bar; service to the community; and/or a reputation for or the advancement of legal ethics and professional responsibility. The award is named in honour of Mr Joseph Grimberg (1933 — 2017), a highly-regarded former Judicial Commissioner and Senior Counsel in Singapore. He was viewed as one of our finest and most respected legal experts with exceptional leadership in the legal profession.
NOMINATION DEADLINE FOR 2019
Nomination period is till 5pm, June 28, 2019. We welcome nominations from law firms in Singapore, the Singapore Legal Service and Individual applicants (self-nominations).
The recipient of this Award must demonstrate the following qualifications and characteristics:
- A record of outstanding advocacy;
- A well-rounded person actively involved in and committed to his or her community;
- Engaged in the practice of law for 10 years or fewer with a principal focus on advocacy;
- Below 40 years of age at the point of application; and
- A member in good standing of The Singapore Academy of Law.
Lionel Leo: Finding your way as a young lawyer, 05 May 2019
||Mr Lionel LEO Zhen Wei