The accreditation process comprises an assessment of your practice history and knowledge of the practice area for which you have applied for specialist accreditation.
To be successful in your application, you must be deemed to have met the eligibility criteria and perform satisfactorily in an assessment process.
The eligibility criteria for Accredited Specialist and Senior Accredited Specialist applicants differ but can be broadly expressed as:
- have been admitted to the Singapore Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
- hold a currently valid practising certificate
- have a minimum full-time post-qualification experience (PQE)
- have NOT been subject to any professional disciplinary proceedings or charged and convicted of a serious crime
- have been substantially involved in the full-time practice of the specialisation for which accreditation is sought
- have been engaged in continuing professional development (CPD) in the said specialisation
- provide favourable references
- successfully complete an assessment process comprising an examination and/or a selection panel interview
For further information specific to the practice area for which you are seeking specialist accreditation, download the relevant guide for that practice areas:
The appraisal will be carried out by a selection panel comprising judges and senior industry representatives.
The assessment process may vary between practice areas, but the general format is:
|Assessment of applications
|Examination (for Accredited Specialist candidates only)
To apply for specialist accreditation, download and complete the following forms:
Payment of all fees may be made via SAL-e or through your firm's Online Purchase Coordinator (OPC).
For the 2020 specialist accreditation programme, for those seeking to be an Accredited Specialist, applications open on 6 January 2020 and close on 31 March 2020.
For those seeking to be a Senior Accredited Specialist, applications open on 1 July 2020 and close on 31 August 2020.
All applications should include the following documents:
- completed application form
- two completed Reference Statement forms
- documentation supporting applications for exemptions
- payment confirmation email
Submit your application by email to [email protected].