The Fellows of the Academy comprise:
- the President and Vice-Presidents of the Academy;
- all other members of the Senate except for those appointed under section 5(1)(h) of the Singapore Academy of Law Act;
- persons who have since 1st January 1980 held office as Chief Justice, Judge of the Supreme Court, Attorney-General, Deputy Attorney-General or Solicitor-General for not less than two years;
- honorary or associate members who are elected by the Senate as Fellows for life or for such period as the Senate may in any case consider appropriate; and
- members who have been appointed as Senior Counsel under the Legal Profession Act (Cap.161).